Staff Appreciation

Staff Appreciation

Riley Freeburg, Editor

There are a lot of staff members at RBMS whether you know all of them or not and they all work harder than we think. I interviewed someone I think is a little underappreciated as a staff member here. Her name is Dora Wong and she does attendance for us here at RBMS each day.
Now, we don’t know what goes on each day for anyone whether they are a staff member here or not, but I think this especially for our staff members. I feel like most people forget that other people’s lives happen too and the world doesn’t just revolve around their life.
Going back to Ms. Dora, just wait until you hear what her day consists of. She first checks emails(50-100), then she answers phone calls(10-15), and lastly she takes attendance for about 1100 students 8 periods a day. That is a whole lot no matter who you are and not to mention she is a mom to three children who are now out of their house. She also takes care of her 70-year old mother at home.
Ms. Dora has been working in the school program for 20 years but only for 3 at Leander. She actually left the school program for a while but came back because she missed it. “I love my job, love being around kids, and love taking attendance.” Ms. Dora said. I can only assume she came back because of these reasons. It is a gift and a blessing she came back though because she is very good at what she does.
Lastly, I was curious about what her dream job would be outside of teaching. Her response was; “A mom, the privilege of watching your kids grow into full adults themselves.”. I’m very glad she already experienced her dream and continues to do it everyday.
Well that was a peak into Ms. Dora’s life and I will say it’s a lot more hectic than I would’ve imagined. Don’t forget to appreciate our staff here especially since you don’t know what they do each day!